Monday, August 15, 2005

venturing out
Tonight, I came out of the gym and though, hey, this city is kind of okay. I could see a mile down the road to part of the downtown skyline. One of the tall buildings was reflecting the rosy sunset. The moon was in the sky high above CVS. The traffic was sparse b/c the city was starting a construction project and had blocked two of the four lanes and had towed away all the parked cars. The air had a hint of autumn -- I was comfortable in pants and a long-sleeved shirt -- and it was especially refreshing after days of stifling, suffocating humidity. For the moment it seemed that I could bear the prospect of two more years in this city.

But then as I was getting off the T, there were these people clumped in front of the door and wouldn't let me off. So I pushed my way through; didn't even turn sideways. Why did I have to do that? Why couldn't I just be humble and not bitchy about it and not try and teach a lesson that wasn't my place to teach? Why did I have to be that bitchy girl with the headphones in her ear, caught up in her own little world and not caring about other people? Bah.

Maybe the endorphins wore off and the other hormones set in. Maybe it was the thought of all the undergrads coming back that made the good mood wear off early.

Anyways, here are some interesting links:
* Cool Japanes Goods. I guess there are some dirty items, but the t-shirts and other goods are neat.
* Ever wonder, "Is it called duck tape or duct tape?" Here's an explanation.

And finally, yesterday, I was out with some friends drinking martinis at 2pm, throwing a mini-going away get-together for an old friend of mine who's moving to Filthadelphia. She moved here with me last August. Another friend, who is fabulously funny, came up with a nickname for my little undergrad crush. Now, he is known as "my embryo." Har har.

Oh yeah. When I got home, I got a random surprise email from an old college friend who graduated the year before I did. She got married a year ago. And the most recent email announced, doot doot doooo! SHE'S PREGGERS! That would be three friends with babies in the last year. I guess those 8 weddings I went to in 12 months are catching up with ... life? I feel old...yet so immature.

YEAY FOR TASTY BABIES!

No comments: