Wednesday, August 31, 2005

not too shabby
I like being busy. Being busy makes me feel alive. For example, today, I got up early and went to orientation for the 1Ls. Helped some people find their way. I was posted near the ID card office at first and a lot of freshmen came by to get their ID cards. Then they would ask me, "Where's registration?" or some such thing. Then they looked at me like I was an idiot for not knowing. I wish the front of my t-shirt said "____ ____ Law School" instead of the back. During my breaks and after the day was over, I did work for Prof. Summer Research. Finally finished at 5:30; what a long and exhausting day. Then I went for a swim. On the way home, I just felt so good. Maybe it was the endorphins from the work out. Maybe it was just the endorphins from being busy and active all day. I hope I can keep this up during the year.

I also long very much to work in academia. I would love love love to be a law professor, but I don't go to Yale/Harvard/[insert name of other top 5 law school], so my chances are pretty slim. But, I think there are ways. I could work for a long time to gain cred. Or I could land a super huge famous case, like the litigation against the tobacco companies. Or I could run for public office and then some school would hire me as a PR move. (But me, public office? I think I have far too many skeletons for that.) Oh hell. I don't know.

I picked up a few of my books for my classes this semester and it felt so good to be in the bookstore and to think about all the facts/thoughts/ideas within the pages of the books that are waiting to be learned by me. Mmmmmm, what a lovely thought.

I'm very garrulous when I'm in a good mood. I'll talk to anyone and SO not get offended when someone asks me whether I'm Korean.

No comments: