Wednesday, August 17, 2005

technology and the first generation
I think my parents kinda miss the point of cell phones.

My parents want me to help them find a place to repair some DJ equipment that got short-circuited in an accident at the club involving large quantities of water. So they've been trying to call me for two days to give me the brand name of the equipment. But when they call, I've been in the library or underground on the subway or hanging out with my friend, who I haven't seen in two years but who came up from NYC for a last minute, surprise visit.

They just got a hold of me this morning and said, well we just wanted to see if you were around, but we're out right now and can't give you the name. Are you available later, they ask? I say, maybe. Then my dad makes some snide remarks about how busy (yet lazy?!) I am. So I say, why don't you just leave the name on my voicemail? Oh...voicemail, ok, he says.

I mean, I could have found what they're looking for days ago if, instead of harassing me and leaving like 3 frantic voicemail messages telling me to call them back, they just left the name of the company.

They have a shock coming to them when I start working full time as a corporate sellout attorney.

I have never been a very dutiful obedient Chinese daughter.

No comments: