Monday, December 30, 2002

things i'm going to miss, in no particular order
1.) drinking coffee, reading the paper and having the breakfast specials at veselka
2.) standing at the end of my street and seeing all the lights strung from the stores
3.) walking down the street with my head flung back and my mouth wide open, looking at the tall buildings and lights
4.) mcsorley's old ale house and tommy, who always gets me a table
5.) you
6.) the subway, even though it smells and never runs right and the workers almost striked
7.) 24-hour delis, even though my waistline might be better off
8.) the nyu taekwondo team (the page is horribly out of date)
9.) my itty bitty car
9a.) driving on the right side of the road
9b.) cars with steering wheels on the left side of the car
9c.) driving
10.) being able to call friends at any moment; the time difference will be prohibitive
11.) 110V current
12.) my dsl connection
13.) mom's cooking
14.) paquito's burritos
15.) the new season of the dead zone, a television show
16.) working
17.) my apartment, or having an apartment; little miss from short hills is living in a hostel for a few weeks
18.) my cell phone
19.) being within driving distance of camp glen spey
20.) the kids i tutor for citysquash, the most kick-ass squash/enrichment program in nyc
21.) we are scientists shows
22.) eastern standard time
23.) north longitude
24.) american journalism


things i'm not going to miss, in no particular order
1.) homework and all nighters
2.) american self-righteousness
3.) george w. bush
4.) my baggage, and i mean that in the figurative sense
5.) my family...ok, just my brothers
6.) dog shit on the sidewalks
7.) the lack of view ... i'll be just blocks from the beach
8.) american accents
9.) american guinness
10.) the cost of living in nyc
11.) mice in my apartment
12.) winter
13.) paper money -- money down under is made out of plastic, no joke
14.) crowded subways
15.) pushy crowds
16.) radio stations -- why do they all suck in nyc?
17.) paying the electricity bill
18.) american journalism

No comments: