Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yikes!

Yikes!

I think I almost burned down my apartment this morning. For a few days now, I've left my curling iron plugged in but turned off and sitting on top of some stuff I leave in the bathroom, like makeup and such. This morning, I threw my pajamas on top of it and got in the shower. The morning routine continued, I dried my hair, threw the hairdryer back on top of the pile, and then realized the status of my curling iron. I rifled through the things, grabbed the curling iron and burned my finger. Yikes! I'm not sure when exactly the thing turned on, but it was on for long enough to melt some of my makeup and a plastic case. Oh, and did I mention my finger? What if I had left the house? My pajamas could have caught on fire! Yikes! And did I mention my finger? Ouch! And what about yesterday, when I'm sure the thing was also plugged in!?

So grateful to be alive today. And yesterday.

No comments: