Saturday, August 19, 2006

black belt

Black Belt Test - Success!

What did the test entail? This test that was 5 1/2 years in the making?

One hundred punches, twice. Except I messed up once, so I actually did 298 punches. I breezed through the first hundred, and then after the next 20, I realized that they were making me more tired than I expected, so I slowed it down.

Then 100 pushups (hoping against hope he wasn't going to make me do those), but I could only do 50. So I got up, did a bunch of kicks, then did 20 more pushups, then more kicks, then 15 more pushups, then more kicks, then the last 15. I was told that at the last 15, a look of despair washed over my face. I think that's because I lost count and thought I only had five left.

Anyhoo, I survived the pushups, then had to do continuous kicking up and down the room. Thankfully it was only for 2.5 lengths.

Then I had to do ALL my forms, from tae guk 1 to tae guk 8, and koryo.

Then I had to spar one person for about 2 minutes.

Then, sake!

This is a picture of the belt my friend had embroidered for me. Yeay! My name is embroidered on the other end of the belt, hidden. Cuz I like to be anon like that.

No comments: