Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Retail Therapy

Retail Therapy

I'm finding that my blog is getting to me. I aspire to be more insightful, more funny, less serious, less self-involved. More like this blog and this blog and in a sick I kind of wish I had your life way, this blog.

I begin with this post on shopping.


I bought the most extraordinary mascara the other day. I have a hard time with mascara b/c usually it just runs right off my face and makes me look like a clown whereas I aspired to make my eyes look Angelina-like. OK, I'm Asian, maybe I was aiming for Lucy Liu. This mascara is great, though! I can actually see my teeny lashes.


A few weeks ago, when I was in NYC (the first ill-fated voyage), I went to a flea market with friends the morning after. I was hauling around my luggage, it was hot, and I was near tears pretty much the whole time. Until I got angry. Oh, I'm off topic. Anyway, we were at this flea market and there was this great jewelry maker and I bought a skull and crossbones necklace from her. The picture above is not even close to what I actually purchased, but I haven't gotten around to taking a picture of my actual necklace. You can find the woman online here.

Then two weekends ago when I jetted (or drove) down to NYC for a night, we shopped in the E. Village. Oh, my old 'hood! So much has changed! And one of the things that has been added is a this very cute bead shop that sells completed jewelry in addition to supplies, like beads and clasps. You can find the website here. But your best bet is to actually go to the shop.

That is all for now. Must go meet co-workers for breakfast. Breakfast! In the last week, they are trying to pile on the 10 pounds I have more less avoided putting on this summer.

No comments: