Sunday, August 06, 2006

Update!

Things
I finished work on Friday! Ten weeks over! Things kind of went out with a bang. After ten weeks of relative quietness, there was a wee bit of drama and gossip. And a partner got mad at me. But we had a lot of fun.

Saturday I went and dyed my hair.





I was kind of nervous, but I really like it. I was aiming more for fire engine red, but this is pretty good and probably a lot more practical because I may have interviews in a few weeks and I don't want to come in looking like a nut. My stylist told me that this color will get coppery as it fades, and I'll be spending a week at the beach and what not, so I'm optimistic that it will fade to a fairly normal color when interview time arrives.

There have been great advances in hair color technology. There was no need to bleach my hair. He just put the color right in. It saved a lot of time.

I also like the way my head is not one uniform color. It looks like he put in highlights but he didn't. One color. All over.

The downside of this is that the color clashes with orange, the color I have added into my wardrobe with increasing frequency. And used to decorate my home ...

- - -

I'm off to my parents' house soon. There will be time with old friends, then time in Chicago with more old friends and weddings and more old friends, then back to my parents' house to cram for my black belt test because that is on Aug. 18. Then off to the Cape, then camp, then Montreal then school. And then the last year of law school. Wow.

Will write more when my head is not throbbing from staying up until 6am. I wish the story was much more exciting, but it's not. I ended up talking to some people about serious shit and the night just wouldn't end.

No comments: