Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Yeay Wireless!

Yeay Wireless!

I'm sitting at the picnic table in the backyard of the cottage we've rented at the Cape. We've spent a full day at the beach, where it was sunny and warm but not hot. I feel content, my skin feels warm, it's nearing dinner time, the sun is low, there's a cool breeze. I think I smell meat grilling somewhere in the distance. Voices from inside are wafting out through open windows, and people are happy.

I am ridiculously chill.

I forgot how much I loved the beach. But I'm not so good at sitting still. We were at the beach for about four or five hours today and I was so fidgety and distracted. I couldn't read for more than 10 pages at a time. Still, the beach is great. It's not great, though, when something in the dark water nips at your toes!

No comments: