Monday, November 06, 2006

Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck


I successfully baked my pound cake last night. Will post link to recipe later. I wanted to bake a second cake because I talked about it so much I wanted to have lots and lots to share with friends. The pound cake required 70 minutes of oven time. This gave me time to shower and get some other things done before going to bed. Unfortunately, I timed it poorly and was ready for bed about 10 minutes before the cake was ready. So I thought, well, I'll just lie down for a minute. You know where this is going.

About 7am, I woke up and was like, why the hell are my lights on? I wasn't drunk when I went to bed, I didn't go out last night, WTF? Then I remembered the cake.

Well, my journalees had a somewhat delicious orange-cranberry pound cake. And I'm about to go home to a charred mess. I'm lucky I didn't burn my apartment down!

No comments: