Monday, November 27, 2006

Finals

Finals

It's really just mind over matter. I can choose to be stressed, but I will just make myself miserable. Or I can choose to be rational and not get freaked out and just accept (resign myself to?) the fact that I am going to bust my ass for the next few weeks. But I will do fine, I always do, and frankly, right now, my standards are lower than they have been the last two years. Which is handy, because the amount of work I've done is less than the last two years. But not just solely because I've been socializing a lot, but also because of journal. So there are legitimate reasons.

Last spring, I also gave myself this pep talk and things turned out perfectly fine.

I don't know why I'm having a harder time this semester more than any other. Or maybe it just feels that way. Or maybe it's not so much anxiousness over finals as it is this desire just for this to end. (I do mean law school; I'm not suicidal.)

Also, I think I'm going to do something bold that may result in rejection, but at least that will make things easier than this obsessing I'm doing. I have to do something that (relatively) mature people do when there isn't booze and "random" encounters involved. Wha?

I hate myself at times like these.

No comments: