Friday, November 10, 2006

Bar Review

Bar Review

"It's good to have a distraction or a back-up, isn't it?"
No, not really, it's not. Because that's not a fair way to treat people. And I did the "distraction" this summer and it made me kind of uncomfortable at the start, although eventually I became attached. And attached, that's not what I'm aiming for in life. Earth-shattering, epic, enormous love. That's what I'm aiming for. Distractions create angst and aren't genuine.
"Yeah, that happened to me, and it sucks."
Did it really happen to you, where you felt this instant connection, where there was such amazing chemistry that even other people around you were commenting on how you looked like best friends, but oh, they just met?! Did it really happen to you, where for a month, with even the slightest amount of alcohol and loosening of self-control, you would come home and lay on your floor and bawl hysterically? Did you feel like your whole world shifted and changed and, perhaps, came to the place it was meant to be? Did you make each other laugh uncontrollably with a single word? Did you predict each other's thoughts? Did life, all of a sudden, have, in its own way, purpose and meaning? Did this really happen to you, and you're standing there telling me it didn't work out? Don't. Because no matter what I say, that is not the assumption I'm working on. And I can't believe that something this good, this amazing, is just another sad chapter in just another sad girl's life.

I know I wasn't going to talk about it anymore, but I can't help it. I'm not lingering, but I still have hope.



A picture, just for kicks. It kind of sucks that it's sideways. And on a different note, it sounds like bombs are exploding out on the street. Fabulous for 8am.

1 comment:

janjan said...

i thought the photo was a closeup of a catepillar! a really furry multicolored venemous one. have nothing else useful to say except you are loved!