Sunday, October 08, 2006

Long Weekend

The Long Weekend


First, that is my new hair color. I dyed it again last week b/c it was getting really mousy and brown. The color is way more intense this time around because, as my stylist explained, he could use more color and less of the stuff needed to lighten my naturally black hair. I believe him, too, because my shower is pink and my hands are pink from washing my hair. Also, my stylist told me to put olive oil in my hair to help lock in moisture. Just don't go rubbing any bread on my head, ok?

Second, we had our softball tournament yesterday. It was fun! We lost our first game to a school across the river. It was a blowout, 43-8 or something like that. Not really a good reason to get up at 5:30am for a 7am start. But we eventually came back and won our next two games, including a game against a rival up the road. That was a very, very good game. And the other team was funny because they had full on baseball uniforms, pants, kneesocks, and everything. We have now advanced to the next round, to be played next Saturday.

The weather was lovely - partly sunny, partly breezy. It was only about 60 degrees, though, so if the sun wasn't shining, it was actually quite cold. I think I've come down with something. Actually, it's probably just my old cold coming back to haunt me.

I played like crap yesterday. I couldn't throw five feet to first base. I just choked. Playing against a team from another school made me quite nervous and I just choked. Several times. It was awful. There is talk, however, of scrimmaging on a regular basis against a team from another school. This will help rid me of my nerves, I think. Also, it's an excuse to "be involved" despite my exclamations otherwise.

No comments: