Sunday, October 15, 2006

29.5

29.5

Today, I am halfway between 29 and 30 years old. Yoiks!

  • I have been playing softball with a mitt and ball that I have owned for 19, soon to be 20, years.
  • I have been playing volleyball with a ball that I have owned for 14, soon to be 15, years.
  • I have been swimming, on and off, for 11, soon to be 12, years.
  • It took me 5.5 years to earn my black belt.

Before I turn 30:
  • I will finish my next-to-last semester of law school.
  • I will travel to Asia, finally. (Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing.)

I have already started planning my 30th birthday party (DJ - hired!), and am going to do my best to make it a month long celebration ("30 Days for 30 Years").

In my 30th year, I will:
  • Graduate law school. (Fingers crossed!)
  • Take two bar exams.
  • Travel for a long, long time before beginning work. (Tentatively: Mexico, Italy, Greece, New Zealand.)
  • Buy real estate. (Whoa.)
  • Begin a full-time job and a new career. (Hopefully, this one sticks.)
Wow. I'm excited for 30, though. I hear it's the new 20s. But even more than that, I'm looking forward to being a more stable and sane human being. Wiser, too. And more fit.

No comments: