Friday, September 30, 2005

an obligatory post
I feel compelled to write. I feel like I need to write. I'm not sure why.

A high school classmate of mine has a blog. On it, she posted a rant about high school and using full names, wrote about people she hated, people who she was not looking forward to seeing, etc. Generally, it was a pretty nasty post. And then she patted a few people on the back as the only cool, decent people. It was pretty indendiary. As it turns out, the blog got passed around and around and around, and people started commenting like it was going out of style. (Unlike on here.) She recently posted a retraction. Which was followed by more comments. And then someone called this girl's friend and passed on a threat of physical violence. (e.g. Tell her I'm going to beat the crap out of her at reunion.) So she has decided not to go.

I have decided to create a forum for these rants and take them off her blog. It's an interesting read, even if you don't recognize any of the names. I find it hilarious. And somewhat disturbing. You can link to it here.


In other, better, news, my BFF is coming to visit this weekend!! I can't wait. I [heart] my BFF.

3 comments:

noirah said...

Wow. What a reminder of how intense four years can be. You gotta love the one who mourns the loss of an ill-fated classmate and then goes on to talk about an exploding science experiment in the next paragraph.

If you need a date to your ten year reunion, give me a call!

hap said...

Can we pretend your child is our child and cause all sorts of heads to turn?

noirah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.