Monday, September 12, 2005

a few random thoughts

* I live by one of the most god-awfully smelly places in all of the world. There's this alley that is on the other side of the street from my side, and occasionally when I walk to and from the T stop, I pass by it. Really, I try to avoid doing it when possible b/c evil evil things must go on in that alley, because the smell...oh god, even a good drenching rain can't wash it away.

* I think I have a sinus infection. It makes my nose leak randomly and at inopportune times. I forgot tissues today.

* One of my classes only meets on Monday and today was our first meeting of the year. It's full of mostly 3Ls. I got called on -- the very first person on the very first day. It was very nearly crash-and-burn but right before you should have stuck a fork in me, I managed to pull it out of freefall. Oh, mixed metaphors. This class meets from 3-6, which is going to be incredibly depressing in a few weeks when it's dark at 6.

* Yesterday I studied at the Hillel House. It's amazing there. I was kinda nervous going, what with me not being Jewish and all, but the receptionist was super friendly. I guess it makes sense not to exclude, you know, non-Jews from a campus building and all.

* I [heart] volleyball.

* I may come to [heart] wallyball. Apparently, it's volleyball played on a racquetball court. Hmm... They're having a "intro to wallyball" IM event in November or something, they being the powers that be at my university that organize IM events. I'm either going to love it or HATE it, because it's going to be so much more chaotic than volleyball. I'm hoping for loving it, and that it's chaotic like broomball. Oh, broomball. I [heart] that, too. One day, I will convert all the naysayers and doubters to the joy and wonder of broomball.

[My goodness, I am bored and unmotivated and it's only the second week of school. How I ramble on...]

4 comments:

noirah said...

It gets kinda crazy... amazing what throwing a few walls in the mix can do. But they can act as extra teammates if you work it right. It is, however, slightly less elegant than volleyball in my opinion. Something so clean about the bump-set-spike thing. Oh! And the echo is really weird too. Wallyball probably won't thrill you like the danger of broomball... but what can, really? Hockey, I guess.

hap said...

Mmm, hockey, oh yes hockey. If only I could skate and not look like a lunatic. Why do you live so far away, noirah, and why are you not eligible to play on my IM teams? I need more women like you in my life!

PS I'm SOOO excited to see you and your lovely family this weekend!

noirah said...

We're so excited that you're coming to visit. Kai has been eating extra for the past week to ensure maximum pudgy adorableness. Friday is my charming husband's birthday. Maybe we can celebrate.

hap said...

oh yes, must celebrate! we will all work on our delicious pudginess! (i loved that, btw. i chuckled with much glee.) and hopefully i will make the hallowed pages of kai's online album...