Friday, September 09, 2005

i'm a bad person

I often read about historical atrocities -- e.g. slavery, women's voting rights, etc. -- and think, man, if I were living in that time, I would sooo be fighting the good fight for [insert cause here]. But, really, would I? There is so much crap going on in the world -- outright genocide, war, inequality, poverty, etc. -- I don't really do anything about. I set on my arse, read about it in the Times and pat myself on the back for reading the paper, and then just sit on my arse and continue along in my self-involved way. I would have been even worse back then because I wouldn't have had the internet to help me stay informed.

I am a bad person.

I am also a bad person because I am 2/3 of the way to fully selling out. I did 8 interviews today, from 9:20 to 5:20. I got blisters on my feet from my shoes. I took the T home with a bunch of other lame commuters. And I'm well on my way to corporate law. Hrmph.

No comments: