Friday, September 23, 2005

long time no...
It begins, the death of blogging.

Yeah, things have been crazy. Today was the first time I've been to Thursday classes. They're no different from Tuesday classes, but the difference is that I was actually at school today.

Yesterday was my first call-back interview. It was ok. The firm seemed really great, but ... well, I kind of worry that I'm making a horrible decision. The environment, the feel, the atmosphere. Every individual I met was really great and nice and interesting. But ... I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe I should look at smaller firms. We'll see. I have more call-backs and really, this whole issue might be moot if I don't get an offer.

Hurricane Rita. I was reading something yesterday about how public officials were telling Gulf Coast citizens to help each other out. To go out and look for people who need help. I got teary-eyed. I think I was in the middle of class, too. God help the people in the region, but ... do you ever notice how immediately following a disaster or some sort, the response to the next threat of a similar disaster is above and beyond what is necessary? I know it's better safe than sorry when it comes to people's lives, but there's something about this whole situation that is laughable. Maybe it's knowing that somewhere in there, part of the impetus for this response is trying to make up for the poor response/preparation for Katrina. I guess that's what's laughable. Bush is going to try and use this hurricane to make up for the heartlessness he showed in the last one. And he's going to over do it. I don't know, I'm rambling.

I went climbing last night. Oh man, I love climbing. I'm also taking an intermediate class on Monday nights. I have blisters on every one of my fingers.

I have a headache and I'm going to bed. Yeay, bed!

No comments: