Wednesday, January 11, 2006

:(
One of my classes this semester is Federal Indian Law. In it, we study the federal government's policy towards the Indian tribes. (And yes, we say Indian, or at least the book does, political correctness be damned.) This is the most depressing class ever.
E.g. "If there were 50 million Indians in North America when Columbus arrived, and there are about 2 million today, where did they go?" Professor asked on the first day. "They died." And then we proceeded to discuss all the ways they died.
E.g. "I only teach this class every other year because I don't have the emotional energy to do teach it every year," Professor said on the first day.

I'm either going slit my wrists or get really fat because the depression is going to drive me to the food.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/43197

hap said...

Thank you anonymous. Funny, but still somewhat depressing.