Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year, New Resolutions
Happity New Year!

Here are my resolutions:

1) Drop a pant size. So cliched, but so necessary.
2) No more meaningless hookups. Not really a problem this past year (or two), but see below.
3) Stay in better touch with friends -- I do NOT use nearly enough of my monthly minutes.
4) More studying. Or better studying.
5) No mixing drinks. If I start with beer, stick to beer.


Recent events have made me realize that I've, erm, matured. (So much better sounding than "aged".) Just a few drinks and I'm drunk and hungover (and quite stupid) for a whole day. And I want more than anything to settle down. And last night I declared that I WANT BABIES. This is a big deal for me. Unabashedly, without exception, I want to get married and settle down. Transient fleeting "relationships" are unsatisfying to the extreme. I inappropriately think about imitating couples, injecting emotion and sincerity where they are not welcome, or just not expected. This was needed. This was overdue.

And here we go into 2006...

No comments: