Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hellbent
There are, if you don't know, two major legal database services: Westlaw and Lexis. You can use these databases to search for caselaw, research topics of law, etc. As students, you get to use them for free -- the idea is that when you go to whatever big firm you go to, they'll have already cultivated brand loyalty. As part of the gimmick, you can earn points. Take a quiz, take a tour, take an online class -- you earn points. Well, on one of these services, I have earned 10,545 points. For 10,800 points, I can get a free digital camera. So what did I just do? I ordered my textbooks through that service's publication division, earning 250 points. 5 points short? I'm gonna go run a pointless search right now, good for 10 points a day. Ooh, the digital camera shall be mine!

4 comments:

noirah said...

Careful, digital cameras are not small things (literally, in the case of MET's latest). Our home is ruled by one. This is particularly important to be aware of since your recent declaration regarding children. Nothing tell the universe "I want babies" like a shiny new Olympus. :)

hap said...

Is this like a "what came first, the camera or the baby" question? Umm, the other place my mind is going has to do with photographic foreplay... I should just stop right here...

noirah said...

Well actually, these three things can all co-exist. Nothing hotter than a pregnant chick on film. Seriously. It has something to do with self-confidence and feeling like the stomach is doing exactly as it should for once.

hap said...

Get pregnant, gain self-confidence. Another reason to get on it ...