Tuesday, May 25, 2004

from a friend who's moving to boston too
EVERYBODY I run into lately says something like "So, now that you're moving to Massachusetts, are you going to get married???". And you know what? I'm getting a little tired of it. Talk about an awkward situation (when we're both together and people ask). Would they ask their other couple friends if they're getting married soon in front of one another? Chances are that they'd know better because maybe, just maybe, they don't want to get married yet. E and I haven't talked about it together, but we have to talk about it in front of all our friends. And then when they ask, he just sort of looks at me, and I just sort of look at him, because neither one of us knows what to say. I've even developed a canned response now. I say "well, maybe if I meet the right person", and then I change the subject immediately. But some of these assholes just don't seem to get it. They'll ask again and again and again. And the thing that really pisses me off is that 99% of those who ask this question want us to get married because they think it would CUTE!!!! What the fuck??? Our (quite seriuos) relationship is now driven by CUTENESS??? When I think of getting married, I think about the cost, the rediculous amount of planning, and all the legal questions and uncertainties. None of those things are cute. And just because everybody else I know has decided to get married this year does not mean that I need to get married, too. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

just thought it was interesting
d out

No comments: