Sunday, January 02, 2005

law school reconvicted
i'm so glad i'm a student. i miss law school.

i revisited my past on new year's -- i worked at my parents' club. only, instead of downstairs, i worked upstairs, where a promoter was holding a new year's party. the bartenders didn't show. so my mom, this other employee and i played bartender. holy fuck. it started around 9pm, and around 11, after i was pouring drinks non-stop, i almost started crying because i was afraid it was going to be like that all night, until 7am. (because we apparently had a special permit/license to operate until 7am b/c it was new years.) but i bit my lip and bore down and got through it. thankfully, it eased up a bit around 1 a.m. between the three of us, we poured about $6000-$7000. and i had to play cashier/server for the other several thousand dollars of bottle service. it's great that my parents made all this money, but if it were me, i think i'd put up with less profit, if it meant increased sanity. i'm so fucking tired. i finally went to sleep around 7am, and did not even open my eyes until 2:30pm. and i only got up because i was driving back to boston today and wanted to hang out with my parents before they left for work (they are amazing) at 4pm. what a holiday.

now i'm back in boston. so much to do! like that 9foot tall pile of newspapers i have to do something about...

No comments: