Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Few Lessons from my Sabbatical

A Few Lessons From my Sabbatical

- Tropical Fruit Halls cough drops are gross. But I've made my bed. [Update: Halls Coll Berry Fruit Breezers are not that great either.]
- It's hard to get back into the swing of things when after two days of swinging, the swing breaks.
- Even tho' my mom lives 300 miles away, the fact that she's in China makes being sick that much harder.
- Selfish people suck. It doesn't take much to ask "how are you feeling?" when you're already in a conversation. And, in any event, I'm not going to feel sorry for you if you're just trying to tug at my heart strings.
- Listening to someone ramble on and on when your head is full of snot is just as tiring as sitting through class.
- There *is* such a thing as watching too much tv. Case and point:

- 6 hours of Lost from the end of last season
- 1 episode of Campus Ladies from On Demand
- The Man Who Knew Too Much from On Demand (I love Hitchcock more every day)
- 1 episode of Dave Leiberman
- 2 episodes of Barefoot Contessa
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off from Nik
- Krakatoa special from Discovery Channel
- 1 episode of Queer Eye (the couple's weight loss episode)
- 3 episodes of The 4400
- 3 episodes of The Dead Zone
- 1/5 of an episode of Justice
- 4 episodes of Gilmore Girls
...and counting

I am missing rooftop drinks. My ears are too scratchy, I'm still feeling weak, and I've now developed a cough. I guess that's what happens when you drink your own snot for three days. Blech.

I am the MOST pathetic sick person in the world.

No comments: