Friday, September 08, 2006

Fall TV Review: Justice

Fall TV Review: Justice

I cannot stay away from a good legal show. The key word there being "good". I Tivo'ed Justice on Fox. I just watched 20 minutes of it and the shaky camera work made me, literally, nauseous. And nausea was not one of the symptoms of this illness that has kept me in bed all day so that I can do things like watch TV all day.

Anyway, the show sucks. It's trying to glamorize the legal profession like Grey's has glamorized the medical profession. But first of all, there's a lot less sex on this show (so far). And second of all, a lawyer can only be so complex, especially defense lawyers. There's the hot woman who hides a geeky past - she's just so much more than a pretty face. The cute young attorney who has to believe his clients are innocent to work for them - he's just so much more than a pretty face. The token black man. And the head attorney - an older father-figure, but cut-throat.

Cliche upon cliche upon cliche.

And would four head attorneys really ALL be working on one case - FOR FREE?! Puh-lease!

Two thumbs down. And a pile of dirty, snotty tissues to boot.

No comments: