Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Internets Can Be Creepy

The Internets Can Be Creepy
I'm currently obsessed with MySpace. I log onto it like a zillion times a day. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Anyway, today I received an unusually high number of messages from strangers. Maybe it's like Friendster and I was featured somewhere. Whenever that happens on Friendster, my view count skyrockets. Anyway. These messages today were creepy. One of them was from a guy who, instead of posting a picture of himself, posted a picture of his car. BLECH. Another was from someone who wrote "i love asian women.. r u single willing to mingle?" NO!

I hung out with an old friend, M, today. We haven't seen each other in far too long. We played DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, not Dungeons & Dragons) for four hours and then watched Garden State. We talked a lot about life and love as our personal lives are both ripe for the discussing. My friend made an observation that I sound different and talk differently than he has ever heard me. Yes. I am trying. It's a struggle, but I'm trying.

M is also my first transgender friend. He observed that T's sometimes aren't accepted by the G's and L's, nor by G&L advocacy groups. Something I never really thought about, but something I probably should think about.

No comments: