Thursday, June 22, 2006

Commute, Redux

Commute, Redux
There is a lot of construction going on in my neighborhood. This means that every morning, essentially the first thing that happens to me is I walk by a lot of construction workers. Thankfully they're not the catcalling kind of construction workers, but testosteroney construction workers nonetheless. It's a bit of a strain on my self-confidence first thing in the morning before my coffee*. But maybe it prepares me for the office. Actually, my office has a lot of women, which is nice.

I suppose the construction workers are better than the students I have to dodge every morning during the school year. Those aspiring hipsters with their cigarettes dangling here and there and waving in the air. Now, my self-confidence recovers by the next block. Cigarette burns are another story.

* "A medium iced hazelnut coffee with skim milk, please."

No comments: