Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Bad Sleep

The Bad Sleep
No one seems to care. But I had nightmares all night long. Twice I even woke up shouting. Once I was yelling "No no no no." I think the other time was just indiscriminate yelling. If I heard that coming from the apartments across the alley in the middle of the night, I might be concerned. But no one seems to care. And I don't mean my neighbors. I mean, people I've been telling.

But let me tell you, when you spend the whole night dreaming about bad things -- and it wasn't all murder and mayhem, some of it was emotionally gut-wrenching -- you kind of start the day off funnily.

Things perked up by the time I got my haircut. I have a sneaking suspicion, however, that if I put on the right outfit, my haircut could pass for a mullet. A femme mullet.

No comments: