Thursday, October 20, 2005

Warning: griping, bitching, moaning and complaining follow.
I am going to take the next three minutes and spew out to the "world" all the crap I have to get done in the next few days. Hell week, now that it's Thursday, is in full effect.

Monday I have both a final for a class and a mid-term paper due for another class. My friends and I who are in a similar predicament petitioned for exam relief (available if we have two exams on the same day), but did not get good news.

I also just got out of a meeting with Prof. Summer Research. He has just piled some work on me as well. We are working on Week 8. The students will be discussing week 7 on Tuesday. See?

I do not think there are enough hours in the next several days, nor enough caffeine in the world, to make this all happen. But by the will of God, I will survive, and I will get it done, even if it has to be half assed. I'm already wired and jittery from the four cups of coffee I've had today and the 1L of Diet Pepsi I'm currently ingesting. And the Reese's PB Cups, minis. I am going to drop dead from a heart attack on Monday, but at least I will make it to Monday.

Ok, I'm done with the self-pity. Time to tackle the work. I will not breakdown. I am far too old and mature and wise and experienced for that. I will be efficient. So efficient, I will not even have typos so as to waste time hitting the backspace key. Oh well, too late for that.

If you love me, you will send me love. In any form at all. Even if it's comments. Cuz wow, comments make me really happy.

Is that manipulative? That's me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Diana! So we couldn't get coffee on Wednesday... how about a pitcher of PBR at the Dugout on Monday to celebrate like the good(?) ol' days?!? xoxo, your biggest fan Tim

hap said...

Tim. I miss you. I'm not sure I can do Monday for PBR, but God-willing, we will before next weekend. Even if I have to pay a henchman to drag both of us, tie us down, and pour us beers. Mmmm, beer.

PS a little more griping ... my knee went pop tonight at volleyball. it kills. i'm worried, but at least i'm incapacitated for the weekend. Sigh.