Sunday, April 17, 2005

weekend update
in the middle of the morning on friday, my actual birthday, i just shook the funk. i started to get excited about my party, and the funk was done. which was good, b/c i was worried that i was going to end up crying at my own birthday party. in the mood i was in, things were not going to be pretty. but then i started thinking about partying, and my friends who were going to be there, and i got all excited.

the party turned out well. not that many people came -- maybe around 40 -- but that's all good. it was just the right size, and we still had room to dance. nothing ugly happened. only one person threw up and managed to keep it in the toilet. and i think two sets of couples are either on their way to hooking up or did hook up. that is not necessarily a measure of success for parties, but for some reason, hooking up always happens at my parties. cf. my pre-new zealand going away party. ass grabbing was promised, and ass grabbing happened. there was some freaking. some dancing. lots of talking and lots of boozing. and some gifts (yeay!) there was some social anxiety and some social dysfunction. there was tie-swapping and hat-swapping. cupcakes. and one really uncomfortable round of happy birthday. there were old friends from out of town, there were new friends from law school.

only 364 days until my next birthday!

i think it's funny ... every time i have a party, i swear that i'm never doing it again. but then i forget my promise and i do it anyways. and the cycle repeats itself.

i have to say ... my party wouldn't have been nearly as fun if my friends hadn't agreed to host it in their sweet-a-licous apartment. (Thank you!!!)

...and at the very least, my party was not broken up by the cops.

No comments: