Tuesday, April 05, 2005

finally
i remember a few weeks ago, i was bitching and moaning that i work so hard and never get called on, solely b/c my last name is ethnic.

today i was called on by THAT professor. the one everyone hears about. every school has one. totally paperchase-ish. and today, that professor called on me. i shook and shaked and grabbed the table until my knuckles turned white for a few minutes, and then i calmed down. it wasn't so bad, though i have to say that the material we're currently working on makes sense to me b/c i can personally relate to it. and i did an okay job, though i by no means got every answer right. but i think i managed my wrong answers with grace. and he was extra kind to me. he's been in a good mood; maybe it's the weather.

but i made jokes...jokes i didn't mean to make but just kinda came out, cuz that's me right? well it is. and then the last question he asked me, i answered, uhh, yeah. but like, with a totally like valley girl lilt. it was totally accidental and i wanted to take it back as soon as it came out of my mouth, but it was already out there. and then when he said he'd finish the case next class, i actually thanked him. ha!

but it totally made my day.

now if only i could channel that high into looking for a job.

speaking of which, i'm off to a 2L job search panel. uhh...who knew that in april, i would be thinking about recruiting, which starts july 1, which may determine where i end up after graduation. in two thousand freaking seven. i'll be 30 then. bezoinks.

No comments: