Friday, February 14, 2003

busy
to my dear public, ;)

i have been a bit busy and pooped so i haven't been able to get myself to an internet cafe and put in some serious time recording my activities. and now isn't the greatest time. i'm actually in hamilton, which is about an hour from where i'm living, to visit some girls from the course who are based here. they come to tauranga to do everything but the scuba. anyhow, i essentially financed their drinking last night. oh, poor students. anyhow, i'm about to leave this internet cafe in search of KOREAN FOOD!! Yumm. I'm sure it exists here. i've just been to the museum. it was alright, but it was nice to take in something cultural after boozing and clubbing, which really isn't all that cultural no matter how you try to spin it.

i passed my open water exam. 98%. one wrong. would have been a perfect score but i mixed up meters and feet. stupid metric system. went on my first dive and got HORRIBLY seasick from the boat ride out and from being underwater. and in typical diana fashion, i have a crush on my instructor. oh jeebus.

i think i'm at the top of the hump between homesickness and never wanting to go home. i knew this time would come. but don't worry. i know i have to go home because of camp obligations. but with my september plans so up in the air, who knows. i may just come right back.

happy valentine's day all!
love you! miss you!