Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Procrastination Movie Review

A while back, I raved about the Elizabethtown soundtrack. Last night, I finally got to see Elizabethtown. I had a woman-date with a friend of mine - relaxed, ate copious amounts of tasty food, drank a few quiet beers (but I'm back on the wagon), and just chilled after what was, after all, a 13-hour workday yesterday.

Anyway, I LOVED the movie. I hate Kirsten Dunst, but I loved the movie.

First, Orlando Bloom's character did not fall in love immediately with Kirsten Dunst. Makes it more realistic, I think, although I do kind of believe in love at first sight, or, at the very least, instantaneous lust and attraction. And then their love for each other, it grew out of a need, but it also grew out of satisfying that need.

Second, Cameron Crowe was able to capture in images and music exactly what I love about road trips (without the Kirsten Dunst waiting for me with open arms bit). I've driven across the country five times and I'm not sure, even given all the words in the English language, that I could convey what I love about it and how I feel while I'm driving. But in the last 20 minutes of the movie, Mr. Crowe did exactly that. It made me want to get in the car and drive.

Oh, wait. Finals. Fuckity fuck fuck. Well, a girl can dream:


No comments: