Sunday, June 27, 2004

back in the W A
i've made it back to seattle, after minor hassles at the border. the guard asked me where i was from and i sheepishly said new jersey, as i always do because i'm kind of embarrassed to be from the toxic state, and he said, turn of your car and give me your keys. eek! ok! don't send me to prison! he then inspected my trunk and asked a few questions about where i had been, where i was going, etc. and then he let me go. he was nice, but that, turn off your car and give me your keys was very sudden and startling.

so ... four more days in seattle and then i go home for my last month of life before boston. it'll be a crazy month, lots of working and packing and anticipating. today, in preparation for my new life, i officially let go of my old one. let's just say that i was within two yards of a guy i met halfway around the world and i pretended i didn't see him. and it's not like we were in a crowded mall. we were on this desolate, freezing river, on separate vessels, but within yards of each other. oh this is nutty. good bye crazy, transient traveler me. hello somewhat stable me, who is embracing a life of good works! hopefully...

No comments: