Thursday, August 09, 2007

I Hate Exes

My boyfriend (I'm starting to get used to saying that) is having lunch with his ex-girlfriend right now.

Yeah, it did strike me as unusual that he scheduled his work for so early this morning, considering he never goes to work before 10, hardly, and usually calls the shots when it comes to scheduling his jobs. And it was nice when he called me this afternoon as I was out running errands. But when I called him 15 minutes later to see if he had lunch plans, that was when he mentioned it. "I'm having lunch with an old high school friend of mine. She's in town for an interview. That's why I schedule the job early today."

He's told me about this girl. He has alternately referred to her as his high school friend, his ex-girlfriend, and the girl he cheated on. I think. And I know he has texted her late on a Saturday night while he was out, continuing the conversation when he got to my place. (No, I didn't take to that too kindly.) While he was I find it slightly unusual that he didn't mention this lunch date to me, I guess I don't tell him about everything either. I am slightly concerned that when telling me about this lunch date, he referred to her as "my high school friend".

Really, I should encourage his friendships because he doesn't have many of those around here. I just wish he would cultivate more friendships that didn't involve exes. Furthermore, I have every reason to trust him, except for the fact that he's a guy. And third, the paranoia is totally on my end.

So I guess I'm writing about it here in case the shit hits the fan and I can say, this is where it all went south. Except I don't really expect it to, but I'm still nervous. Ugh. I hate baggage.

No comments: