Monday, August 13, 2007

B&B

I know, I know, I seriously need to write less about the boy. But it's new and novel for me, and tremendously exciting. But I will stop.

So this weekend, I stayed at a B&B in NH. The first time I've ever stayed at a B&B. It was really gorgeous. It was in this remote part of NH - a lonesome place is not hard to find in NH - and the grounds were gorgeous. And the hills in the distance. And the firepit in the back. The room we stayed in was cozy and perfect - except for the shower in the bedroom like it was some slummy NYC apartment, just without the slum part. I guess there are erotic uses for such a shower, but trust me, I didn't take advantage of that. Besides the bathroom situation, the thing I wasn't expecting was having breakfast with other people. The first day it wasn't a problem b/c there weren't any other guests, but Sunday morning, there were 6 of us, all sharing a table and breakfast. Making small talk with strangers. True, I will have to do it for the rest of my life, but I just wasn't expecting it. Not that it was bad - it was a nice change of pace, and added a little variety to the weekend. Actually, I talked to a lot of strangers this weekend. It was just awkward trapped around this little table, each person so different, with different reasons for being there, different ideas of what to do for the day. OK, I guess it was kind of neat.

I wish I had taken pictures, but I didn't, so I will share this from their website, which obviously was not taken in August of any year.

No comments: