Sunday, July 23, 2006

Success!

Success!
It was a quick jaunt to NYC and back. A quick rundown of the weekend . . .

Stopped in New Haven for lunch. Didn't get to see friends, because travel makes me anxious, and I had a non-mutual friend with me. Arrived in NY, checked in. Saw parents briefly. Went to McSorley's and visited *my* waiter. Told him I try to see him before I see my parents. (Thank goodness my parents don't read this and likely never will.) Flirted with two married men, one of whom was Australian and kissed my hand upon departure. Yumm. Met up with other friends. Bar-hopped through the E. Village and LES - sangria, Brooklyn Lager, PBR, and a few more drinks. Went back to hotel sufficiently drunk. Discovered we had a fire escape, which we then called our roof deck. Sat out there, criticized people who hang sheets in their windows in lieu of curtains, smoked second hand smoke, contemplated life and the unlit Empire State Building. Slept in a very comfortable double bed. Who knew!

Awoke. Ate delicious, soul-satisfying Korean food. Looked at tattoos. Laughed at ridiculous tattoos. Walked and shopped all over lower Manhattan. Pearl River Mart. Saw Jesse Martin riding in a taxicab that nearly ran over my toes. He was hot. Had a delicious snack and espresso in Little Italy. Drove drove drove back to Beantown. Stopped for gas and pee break in Connecticut and two gas stations - TWO! - did not have bathrooms. Wha?

Even a burrito cannot fill the emptiness I feel inside. I heart NYC.



And in other news, I've decided to pursue my crush. Emotionally and ... socially.

No comments: