Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Running List 2: The Coming Apocalypse

The Running List 2: The Coming Apocalypse

I believe the world is ending. The apocalypse is coming. All signs point to yes. A friend suggested that if I lived my life believing this, the decisions I have to make in the upcoming months will seem way less difficult. I thought it was a great idea. But then he said I'd probably end up in the loony bin. Although I could use a vacation, not such a great idea.

So for your consideration, I give to you the signs of the coming apocalypse:

Global events
Lebanon & Israel
Afghanistan
Iraq
North Korea missile testing
Iran's nuclear ambitions

Weather and natural events
Flooding in Mid-Atlantic
Biblical rains in New England all summer
Heat wave in all of California
Locust-like butterflies swarming in Texas

Tragedies
Big Dig
India train bombings

Speculative
Dubya is the anti-Christ ?


This post is far too serious for this blog. I was also going to add as a sign that I've been sober two nights this week, but that seemed inappropriate upon further review of the above list . . .

No comments: