Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Finis, Again

Finis, Again
I tire of the interwebs.

I also tire of hating on women. The Boy and his ways made me feel insecure and made me look at women like they were enemies. They were all Others. I'm sure this phenomenon was not helped by other aspects of my life. That I'm the only daughter (and youngest child of three to boot). That law school has totally amplified the alpha female in me. Etc. Anyway. I'm tired of this. I need to recenter myself and find that part of me that sees life as a journey, a fuck all hard one, and sees women as ... sisters on the same journey, trying to get to the same end. Yeah, we could claw over each other, and some do, but I'm not that kind of girl.

I'd really love to shout from rooftops just what kind of boy the Boy is.

But I'm done. I'm done hating, and I'm done feeling sad, and I'm done with it mattering. I'm resuming my summer of fun. And tonight, I had fun sailing on the Harbor. In thunder and lightning! If the firm is trying to woo me, it's working ...

3 comments:

noirah said...

I know, I know... you're totally right. But I think you are allowed a little claw time in between wound lickings.

hap said...

Yes, and it felt good and it helped for a while. I still waiver. And frankly, if I ever were to find out that some woman knowingly participated, it would be a very different story...or blog.

noirah said...

Can't fault you for keeping them sharp... just in case. :-)