Friday, May 19, 2006

These Are My High School Days

These Are My High School Days
Last night was a blast from the past. Met up with some old friends, and one guy from that era who was not my friend, but might be now. It was mad fun, but a bit weird. We all were members of the same sports team, but at different times, and I was only ever on the team with one of the people there, and only for a year. So I felt like a bit of an outsider. But it was fun. There might be more such fun on Tuesday.


Incidentally, now is a good time to go drinking with me. I apparently pick up the tab wherever I go.

And what's the title about? Well, in high school, I was a good girl. But staying with my parents now, I worry about things like staying out all night and coming home in the morning. They never say anything beyond hello and good morning and where did you sleep last night -- I usually just brush them off with "a friend's place." They never say anything, but it's so weird.

Oh, and last night, at the bar, one of the guys whipped out his laptop and started showing a dvd of highlights from this particularly good taekwondo fighter -- national team and champion and all that. It was pretty freaking amazing. But the best part was the way the busboy and another customer were watching, and completely engrossed, as well.

No comments: