Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Something's Gotta Give


Why do things that make me happy make me sad? Good times depress me. How retarded is that? Why do I live in the past? Why can't I live in the present, and take the good times, instead of having them serve as reminders of what used to be?

One thing I do like is that my being here this last week + few days has facilitated a few reunions. Yesterday, I was walking in the City when someone poked me on the shoulder. I turned around and it was an old friend, also from the same aforementioned sports team. I hadn't talked to her in two years. She came and kicked and played tonight. For a few minutes, I sat back and watched all these old friends having a good time, and it made me happy. Happier than actually engaging in the good times. Weird.

No comments: