Sunday, February 05, 2006

Weekend Highlights
I ran away to NYC this weekend with some law school friends. We planned the trip back at the start of the semester when we were optimistic about how much work we all had to do. But damn it all, we went, and a great time was had by all.

Talking points:

* Went to my favorite bar and visited my favorite waiter. Tommy and I have reached a new level in our relationship -- he declared I was his girlfriend to some surly customers, tried to keep some leacherous men away from me and my friends, and actually sat down and talked to me for the first time ever. Never has he ever sat down with me, in the history of our 7-year relationship If only I really could love a 65-year old Irishman.

* "You're 'kind of' pretty" is not a very good pick up line.

* New York bagels and coffee can't be beat.

* I love NY, but it's true that when I left NY in 01.03, I was very ready to go. So I must maintain perspective.

* Old friends rule.

* Old friends with lovely, fantastic wives rule as well. There are very few, if any, people in this world who would ask of my approval in their choice of significant others, and I don't begin to assume that I should be asked to give such approval. But when you see your friend and his spouse are so perfectly fit for each other and you approve anyways ... well the warm fuzzies probably do nothing for their relationship but give me great comfort because I can go on living my life knowing that my friend is happy and with the woman he's meant to be with. So rock on, K & L. (And happy birthday!)

No comments: