Friday, February 10, 2006

Olympics!
I love the Olympics. I love the opening ceremonies and parade of athletes. I was out tonight at a college hockey game (more on that later) and am watching the ceremonies on Tivo ... and it seems that annoying-listen-to-me-b/c-I'm-so-cute-and-awesome Katie Couric is nowhere to be found. Oh god I hate that woman. Bob Costas and Brian Williams -- acceptable.

So back to the hockey game...a friend of a friend has a cousin who's got serious ins with the college hockey team. He got us tickets -- all in a row! -- and access to the friend's lounge before the game and the club lounge after the game. Free food! I tried to get tix to a game several months ago and the best I could do was four seats practically spread around the arena. He's invited us back for playoff games. Seriously. He's really very kind. It was a great night.

Ok, back to Tivo! USA! Solidarity! And, the theme of the Games, PASSION! Heh.

Update: Brian Williams is the anti-Katie Couric. His comments have to do with the scope of world events, offering a gentle commentary. Good move, NBC. That being said ... have you noticed all the funny hats? And that the US team is outfitted by Roots, a big Canadian company that rose to fame when they outfitted the Canadian team several Olympics ago? Well the Canucks have gotten hip and are now outfitted by someone else ... BC? We are so 1990. At least they're not wearing tacky polyester suits. I suppose they'd freeze if they did.

No comments: