Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Just a Wee Update
Today is Tuesday but we were on a Monday schedule. I gladly put up with these quirks for multiple long weekends per semester. But I digress. This means I had my Monday morning swim class, even tho' it's Tuesday. We started off with a set that included 25m fly, 50m breast, 75m back, 100 free. On my second time through the set, at the end of the length of fly, I stopped at the wall to rest and thought, ooh, my neck hurts. I kind of pulled something. Ha ha, I laughed at myself. I hurt myself swimming! It wasn't too bad, so I kept going, but after several minutes, the pain was rather unbearable and I modified the rest of the workout and got out early.

Seriously, I'm old. I pulled my neck SWIMMING! The point of swimming is it's a low impact sport!

I've been icing it but I find that if I try to keep my head level, it hurts. I'm stuck staring downwards, which is not helpful when I'm, say, gazing at stars, or sitting in classrooms where the professor lectures from an elevated platform.

In other news, I had a pretty bad day. Because of other people. I went to CVS to buy a reusable ice pack, and while I was browsing, I heard an altercation between a customer and a pharmacist. It went something like this:
Customer: I don't appreciate you saying "retarded". That offends me.
Pharmacist: I wasn't calling you retarded; I was talking about your doctor and how he needs to learn the rules.
C: Well how would you like if I said "c*nt"?
P: I don't care.
C: Well blah blah blah sh*t.
P: I still work here.
C: Well good for you, I'm glad you're making something of yourself.
Innocent Bystander: That was rude.


No joke. Then, as I was exiting, this employee and I were trying to occupy the same space. She made no effort to get out of my way, and I tried to move to the side, to the right, expecting she would do the same, so that we could get out of each other's ways. No, she just stood there. So shuffle, shuffle, I finally went around her and said, "Sorry". Mmmhmm, she replied. And in a snotty, it took you freaking long enough to get out of my way, beeotch, way.

I won't go on, but this was not the end of the rude interactions today. Eh. I probably wouldn't have cared so much if my neck didn't hurt. Seriously?! Seriously!? I pulled my neck swimming? I'm so f'ing retarded.

Oh, don't drop the C-bomb.

No comments: