Thursday, December 15, 2005

And the verdict is ...
So right after I posted yesterday, I went to pack up my stuff so I could go to school and get some studying in ... when my Dell gave me THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. I freaked out. I worred that my computer was sliding downhill faster than anticipated. So I unpacked and went online and started to shop. But ... my Firefox browser reverted to safe mode or something and I haven't been able to restore it since. Lost all my bookmarks and settings. Which is fine b/c my bookmarks were getting cluttered. But I also lost my shopping carts where I stored my different computer options. Not wanting to wait up to a week for a new computer, I went to the university's computer store. It's located in the basement behind these double doors -- think high school cafeteria with the bar across the middle and the little slit window. So I went in there, picked out a computer, and brought it home after meeting a friend for coffee. So which did I choose?



Yes, I went with the powerbook. I had to do some financial gymnastics to bring that sucker home, but that's beside the point.

The most beauteous part of the whole process is ... I took that picture with my cell phone. And instead of paying the 25 cents to send myself a picture message ... I linked up my Sony Ericsson and my computer via Bluetooth. Holy crap, I feel like such a geek.

How did I end up making this decision? Of all the computers they had to sell at the university computer store, this was the most viable option. No Dell Inspirons was the rule. The store clerk pretty much said to stay away from all Toshibas. Since it was between a Toshiba and a Powerbook, that pretty much made the decision.

Did you really need to know all this? Well, it's done.

PS I know this post starts to fly right in the face of my last one. While I chose the computer out of practicality, sort of, I confess that a part of me chose it to be "cool." Alas.

PPS I've named her Priscilla.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's "Priscilla, Queen of the Tower" to you, missy.