Saturday, November 05, 2005

Weekend Update
My lack of blogging this week has not been attributed to any bad thing. It's not work that's stressing me out or killing me. It's not that I'm curled up in the fetal position in my bed, sucking my thumb and crying it out. Things are ... good. I've just been kind of busy and social.

Monday we had our last volleyball game for our co-ed team. We got solidly walloped. I also had some assignments due for my journal, so that took up a lot of my weekend. That was also the night I ran into the crush of the moment and had an awkward interaction, inspiring, I think, my last post. I'm still fucked up, but I'll live.

Tuesday I decided to bite the bullet and accept an offer. Enough of the indecision! So I did, and I went with the one where after the interview, I actually walked out and said, if I get an offer from them, I will take it. So I turned down the one ranked by Fortune as a top 100 place to work. And I turned down the one with the beautiful, energetic lobby and fabulous people. The firm I picked does not have much national prestige, nor offices in California, to facilitate my running away. But I'm really happy with my choice. So Tuesday night, a few friends and I went out and celebrated with martinis, margaritas and yummy pseudo-Mexican food.

Wednesday ... I don't remember Wednesday.

Thursday I went to the movies and saw Wallace and Gromit. Crackin' movie, folks! With two fabulous friends I wish I could see more often. There was also some beer and some pool and some "buffalo chips", and much movie candy. And then a great movie. Oh it was so much fun! The only criticism ... before the movie started, there was a movie short, produced by Dreamworks, but totally evoking Pixar. It was stupid. It also had the characters from Madagascar, which was retarded. But Wallace and Gromit was great. Oh so funny, so fun, reminded me of college, and it was just great. I also really enjoyed being able to see fingerprints on the characters' faces. Claymation is hot.

Last night, I hung out with a friend. He'd been smoking and drinking alone a lot, and so had I, so he said, we should get together and do those naughty activities together. So we did. And ate pizza, and watched Crash, and then got potato chips and smoked more cigarettes. Before that, though, I went to the gym for a swim, but managed only 20 minutes b/c my swim teacher on Thursday kicked our asses so much I was still tired. On the way back from getting a new towel, where I had a normal interaction with my crush (soon to be ex-crush, cuz having crushes on boys with girlfriends is bad news), I ran into this guy. We were looking at each other repeatedly, and then he was like, you look familiar. I was like, yeah ... and then we realized, hey, we were at this party, blah blah blah. I thought he was someone else, but then he was this other person I met at this other party. Anyways, after talking about the gym and how great it was he was like, so, I'm on facebook, are you? Umm, yeah, I am.

The point of my story is, did he just use facebook as ... something resembling a pickup line?

You know, I don't care how cheesy it was. He's cute. And I thought as much when I met him last April and invited him to my birthday party. If facebook is going to help facilitate anything, I'll take it!

Now, I'm about to go and take a field trip to a climbing gym north of the city.

And that was the update of the week. I hope you've made it this far. I had some interesting stories I wanted to tell during the week, but I seem to have forgotten them. But I'm glad that what free time I've gained from less work, I've managed to fit in more socializing. Yeay for friends! And booze!

No comments: