Tuesday, November 01, 2005

something is amiss...but i don't know what
I am thoroughly convinced that yes, it is in fact me that is fucked up. Not boys. How many times do I have to go through the same twisted moronic dance before I own up to my issues? However many times it's been, I'm ready. Yes, I'm fucked up. I could say I need to grow up more, but there's only so much time before I essentially start ... growing down. Maybe 30. I'll aim for 30. By 30, I'll be perfection. Or something.

On top of that, I am withdrawing. Withdrawing from my friends, withdrawing from the norm. I am making different friends, new friends, initiating with old friends I don't normally see. I am incredibly unhappy, and it's making me edgy. (But somewhat productive. You wouldn't believe how much work I got done this weekend.)

A friend told me today that he is going to San Diego. The guy has never lived there, never worked there, yet he got an offer from a firm there. Lucky shit. Being an engineer helps, but besides that, I'm so jealous. But then again, I've been there and back again. The challenge for me is to stay in one place and deal with my life instead of running away from it. Stay the course.

3 comments:

noirah said...

It's law school dude. Edgy and productive is like the ultimate achievement. And they aren't bad things... especially since they aren't your only things. When you find yourself feeling down just remember the boy has much worse problems. All I have to say is this: prune juice is so not working.

noirah said...

This is going to sound lame... especially considering you are busy and in the middle of real life. But you haven't posted in a few days and your last entry was titled "something is amiss". So at the risk of looking like a blog dork... Is everything okay?

A little worried about you.

hap said...

I love your dorkiness. For its inherent beauty and for how it creates concern for me. No, really, I do appreciate it!

And I hope the prune juice has kicked in for the boy. Ouch.