Thursday, November 10, 2005

Nothing to say ... in a sense
I know that unlike most bloggers, I post news articles from newspapers and such, but do not comment on them. There are a few reasons I do this. One, I do not have the time to formulate a well-thought out, meaningful, persuasive commentary. (Are commentaries supposed to be persuasive?) Usually, I just devolve into a rant. And really, who wants to read that? They also take a lot of energy to write and I usually just end up feeling ... hopeless. B: I post certain articles here as part of the bigger blogger picture. The articles I post generally fit into one of a few overarching themes, and if you know me, or read me regularly, I think you will know what I think. I consider this entire blog as one entity, rather than each entry being separate. Is that too analytical for a freaking blog? I'll stop.

I think lately I've been questioning a lot of my friendships. I've, erm, dropped a few friends over the last six months or so. And I'm in the process of making new ones. I'm not sure that I'm necessarily getting closer to them. I think I'm just spreading myself out thinly so no one person or group can get too close, so I won't be hurt. Ahh, I might be giving my subconscious too much credit there. Dude, it's law school. These friendships are professional, in essence. I have no loyalty, haven't had enough time to develop loyalty, and don't have the energy to expend. If you hurt me, I'm going to bail. I'm too old and too busy to deal with that crap. In my free time, I do not want to be dealing with immaturity or insanity. Unless it's my own. Cuz that's a fun ride I can't get off. [A little disclaimer ... there are definitely friends I've made at law school that I'm going to keep forever. I think you know who you are.]

No comments: