Sunday, March 27, 2005

wow
it's amazing how much work i can get done when i don't spend half the weekend partying and the other half hung over. this has been a nice mellow productive weekend. i've actually got some homework for tuesday done! though my complaint is in a pretty shabby condition.

maybe i'm finding myself again. i actually sat down and wrote a few emails to old friends. and i even watched a movie. and i didn't get wasted on saturday. i tried on friday but was halted in my progress. i don't know what happened. i just wasn't feeling it. was feeling kinda down and schlupping a backpack to a crowded undergrad bar didn't sound very fun. especially as i had been up since 6:30.

went to church today for easter service. this may have been my first easter service ever.
damn it. they had to go and put on a freaking dance performance at the start. hopefully, this is something special they whipped up for the lily crowd. because really there's nothing i hate more than dance shows at church. the whole service was off today b/c they were doing all this special easter stuff. and it just bugged me. i like my church with no frills. i don't like performances. and i like to be able to participate in worship. don't distract me. it's about me and God. it's not about how wonderful everyone on stage can sing or jam.

but i do have to say that i really dig the church. i have been doing a lot of thinking about where i want to go next summer -- which may play a great role in where i end up after graduation -- and i have to say that this church is a factor in considering staying in boston post-JD.
in other news, my birthday is in less than three weeks. YIPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

No comments: