Monday, September 27, 2004

what i heard on npr this morning
npr had a story this morning about how women voters, who tend to vote democrat, are starting to vote for bush because they were especially struck by the violence in Russia, in the school, and think Bush can make us safer. "I have children and grandchildren all over the country and I want them to be safe." Or something to that effect, the woman said.

Do I have poor maternal instincts because I want to vote Democrat? Will I be a horrible mother because I don't care about my future children's safety? WELL MAYBE IT'S BECAUSE I WANT TO GIVE MY OFFSPRING A COUNTRY THEY CAN BE PROUD OF, IN WHICH THEY CAN SPEAK THEIR MINDS AND LIVE WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT BEING PERSECUTED IF I, !!GASP!!, MARRY SOMEONE WITH A MUSLIM/MIDDLE-EASTERN SOUNDING SURNAME?!??!?!!?!!! I'm sorry if I don't want a president who's going to spoon feed us sugar and consumerism to make us feel like we're safe while he's shipping our soldiers off to another country to get killed for a war we shouldn't have gotten into in the first place!! sure, he can use his national guard "record" to claim he served his country, and he can use battleships as grounds for presidential grandstanding, but what the fuck does he really know about combat? i sure as hell know nothing, and i admit it.

all i know is that every time i am moved by pictures of families being reunited with their relatives who served/are serving in iraq. all i know is that there aren't enough of them.

GEORGE W: NEARLY THE WHOLE WORLD HATES US AND HAS QUESTIONED THE WAR. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK ETHNOCENTRIC SKULL THAT MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, YOU ARE FUCKING WRONG!??!?!!


No comments: